Tuesday 21 October 2008

Pompei & Amalfi Coast

Day Five - Pompei - as long as I remember I always dream to visit Pompei, my dream didn't come true when I first visited Rome in 1997 but this year after lots of haggling with my husband at last I visited this ruin. Although I looking forward to visit and touch all the ruin building/house but my heart just refused to enter it as I can felt the previous owner soul still there and not happy of the intrusion.



Amalfi Coast- only can be reach by boat/ferry or by road. From Sorrento We took a bus and take 1 and half hour to reach Amalfi and the journey which I enjoy. The road/highway is winding around the steep hill, ravines, curves and lot of sudden hairpins corner. It go up and down the hill/terrace, the view are breathtaking. You will see the bay right below on your right and mountain on your left. The houses/building blend with nature and you'll be suprise to see the house hanging at the ledge of the hill. For the experience, on return back catch a bus that travel in the evening. I did that, the experience it worth a story. Just don't mind the bus driver busy talking with friend all the way or talking on the mobile especially during taking the hairpin corner, they know what they doing.


From the history Amalfi was popular with their paper so it is a good idea to buy some print made from Amalfi paper, it a bit at the expensive side. I did that so why not?


My next trip will be in December to Marbella, Spain and hope to visit Alhambra. So wait for my next journey.

1 comment:

CicitTS.Lanang said...

Hi Roha & Halim!
Hmmm....nice pics Roha,must be taken by your Nikon Coolpix digicam!
Enjoyed viewing your photos. Wish that we were there with u to experience & njoy the trip! However as u know,its not cheap.So we guess, it will only b in our dreams.
Hjh Hanida & Lokman