My new gadgets. My husband bought a donut maker and Kenwood hand handle mixer for me from Robert Dyas. I was so excited, did tried to make the donuts. How easy it was just follows the recipe given (within 1/2 hours its ready). Both of us enjoyed eating the donuts
makes 14 donuts
1 cup self raising flour
30g caster sugar
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1 medium egg
1/3 cup milk
you also need vegetable oil for greasing the donut maker and icing sugar for dusting the donuts
1. preheat the donut maker until the red light indicator turns off.
2. place the flour and caster sugar in a bowl and mix together. Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and add the oil, egg and milk to the well. Using fork, mix the wet ingredients in the well, gradually incorporating the dry ingredients until a smooth batter is formed.
3. using the pastry brush, brush the upper donut moulds with the veg oil. Add one teaspoon of veg oil to each of the lower donut moulds. Close the machine lid and leave to stand for 1 minute until the oil is heated.
4. then, place a heaped teaspoon of batter into each donut cavity. Close the machine lid and leave for 3 minutes for the donuts to cook.
5. when the donuts are ready, remove them from the machine with plastic implement (take care, hot oil can burn) and place them on a plate which has been sprinkled with icing sugar
6. to make the next batch of donuts repeat the step above
Chocolate cover donuts
method : break 150g cooking chocolate into pieces and place in a microwavable bowl. Heat until the chocolate melted, stirring halfway (do not over cook). Using a fork, dip the donuts, one at a time into the melted chocolate and cover the top. Place on a plate and springkle if desired. Leave the chocolate to dry before serving
Vanilla iced donuts
ingredients: 100g icing sugar, 3tsp hot water, 2 tsp vanilla extract; silver ball or hundred and thousands (optional)
method: place the icing sugar in a bowl and add the hot water and vanilla ectract. Mix into paste. Using fork, dip the donut, one at the time ino the icing and place on the plate icing side up. Sprinkle with hundred and thousand and leave the icing to set before serving
note: to make more colouful, just put food colouring and mix it into the paste
My new hand held kenwood mixer - can't wait to try it soon