Saturday 27 June 2009

HARRODS SUMMER SALE 2009

At last the sale is here. We took Heathrow Express, free of charge courtesy of London Underground. Within 15 minutes we were at Paddington Station. Met up with Kak Nariman then off we continue our journey to Harrods at Knightbridge by bus.





Diana and Dodi memorial at Harrods basement

Lunch at McDonald Paddington Station - fresh flower in the vase!!!! Bit posh for McD

As today is the first day sale, people everywhere. We reached Harrods around 12pm. 1st place to go The Archade - within 30 minutes I spent £120, that only the beginning. One things good about shopping in Harrods, if you bought a lot of stuff with lot of bags, you can requested that you like to collect the goods later once you paid. We agreed to collect our purchase at 3 o'clock. Off we go to the next counters and the same thing I did and it free of charge. It was good doing shopping without you dragging your heavy bags everywhere. Guess how many shopping bags we had when we went to pickup? 7 bags plus 2 bags from my last purchased and its weight at least 20kg altogether. I took pity to my husband, I paid for black cab to Paddington Station, cost me £15. Took Heathrow Express back to Terminal 5 than bus 423 home. Usual 5 minutes walk home from bus stop take longer for my husband as he was struggling with the bags, its was heavy.

Some of the bags I bought as per requested by Hanida, Azian and my mom

Shopping bags and bags and bags

Handbags

Handbags. 2 of its belong to my sister-in-law

Aprons and oven mitts

Kitchen towels and paper napkins (I love to collect and use it if I have a party)

Harrods umbrellas anyone?

No comments: