* 5 cm Ginger, grated
* 1 onion , chopped
* 3 red chillies, seeds removed and diced
* 450 g Victoria Plums, stoned and quartered
* 150g muscovado sugar
* 30ml Balsamic vinegar
1. First prepare the plum sauce. Place the ginger, chillies and plums in a saucepan and add the sugar.
2. Cook over a medium heat until the sugar dissolves completely. Bubble for 20 minutes or so until the plums are soft and the juices are syrupy.
3. Leave the plums to cool slightly and then place in a food processor and blitz until smooth. Return the sauce to the heat and cook for a further few minutes to thicken the sauce.