Monday 1 December 2008

Journey to Canterbury

My journey started on friday night by making Kuih Sri Muka and Kuih Lapis and prying our car will be alright tomorrow. The engine just refuse to started in the afternoon

The green is Kuih Sri Muka and the red is Kuih Lapis


I also cooked Mee Goreng for breakfast and to bring some to Azrin House. At 11 am saturday morning Pandi came with his 2 daughters. I knew them since they were babies. Harini is on the left and Pravita on the right. Both girl love the kuih lapis and Pravita said 'I can eat this sweet forever' what a compliment. While the dad fixed the car, I had to entertained them, what a job and I managed to find bags as gift, marbles to play, paper and pen and lastly their x'mas present while I still in my PJ. The clock ticking , we have to move as we have long journey ahead of us to Canterbury, but trying to push the girls and their dad out of our house politely was very hard. By 1.30pm I managed to do it by reminding them about their little sister at home. Yahoo! I can have my shower now. But before they go, Harini asked me 'is there anything that I want to give them?'


We started our journey at 2.30pm and reached Canterbury at 4pm. It already dark and guess what, we lost, we can't find the road to Azrin's house. She have to walk 20 minutes to train station to meet us. She have a lovely house. 3 doctors staying together in big house. For tea Azrin cooked tuna curry, rice and stir fry bean. I enjoyed the dinner especially as you are hungry. After that we went to Sainsbury - 1 bought 4 eco friendly shopping bag - it only 40 pence a piece. What a bargin. After that we watched X Factor. Ruth out of the contest and Diana stayed. We watched TV until 1am. Guess what we got the bed and Azrin got a sofa for the night.

Sunday - Ashford Factory outlet here we come. 1/2 hour from Canterbury. We arrived around 12.30pm and the parking was almost full. We went from one shop to another. The place was big around 90 shops fashion, footware, luggage, home, sport & outdoor, jewellery & beauty, children, food & drinks. As it was sunday the shops closed at 5pm and that the time we stop. My first purchase of the day Next curtain org price £65 and I bought it for £9. What a bargin! My husband bought diamond and sheppire ring for me as our wedding annivesary present. Unfortunatly they don't have the ring size but they will sent by post to me. Yeh! Yeh!.

We have our dinner at Harry Ramsden's - fish and chips






Our journey home started fine, we in right track M25 but after that we lost as my hubby miss a junction, we going toward M25 North (the right way is M25 west). We went through Dartford Tol, Stansted up north than going toward west to Heathrow. Our Journey home suppose to take less than 2 hours but we end up with 3 hours drive. We nearly have an accident. There was a traffic jam, the van in front of us kept breaking. At one staged he braked his van, luckily of my husband quick action he pushed his car braked very hard and just miss the van bumper. The driver signal us to stop at hard shoulder. He alleged that my husband hit his car. They change insurance policy and luckly we had our camera and took photo of the van. As you can see there was nothing wrong with his bumper. My husband might touch his tow bar and not his bumper. First thing when we arrived at home he called his insurance to put a record accident never happened and he have photo to proof.


This were all we bought at Swindon. Cutlery set to top up what I had £49.99, 3 rolls of wrapping 99 pence each, Next curtain. Cook books (my x'mas present from my hubby - I have to wrap it up and have to act suprise when I open it on x'mas), his martial art book and 2 pairs of clarke shoes (he bought it cheap £10 and £13.50 perpair)

No comments: