Friday 7 November 2008

Sambal Goreng Jawa



Sambal goreng is my favourite. I never done it before usually my sister made it, she learned from her mother-in-law. I called my mom in Johor Bahru asking for the recipe, as usual she only said put this a bit and that without any measurement. You will be surprise how resilient you can be when you live abroad.

Sambal Goreng Jawa

300g chicken liver cut to small pieces
200g prawn
2 block firm tofu - diced and fried in oil
4 big onions slice thinly
10 strings long bean slice
3 clove garlic- slice
3 red chillies slice thinly
1 cup coconut milk
2 tsb tamarind juice
1/2 cup oil
salt & sugar to taste
(if you have tempe - cube and fried in oil)

Heat the oil than fried the onions until soft and slightly brown then put the garlic, chicken liver,prawn, long bean and chillies cooked for 5 minutes then pour the coconut milk and tofu(+ tempe) let it simmer for another 5 minutes than put the tamarind juice, salt & sugar.

1 comment:

rhuzzanna said...

yummm yummm hehhe roha tis is one my favorite dish...my my version is abit different from you...some how any type of sambal goreng i will love it....
ooh yaa thks for the gift it is lovely.......